Adopted name: Roderick Saunders
Nicknames: Roddy, The Cybernetic Judge, #27
Species: Hybrid [Human/Gryktunian/Nano-Cybernetic]
Biological age: 23 Earth years [11 Gryktunian years]
Motto: "Victory is not possible without some sacrifice"
Job: Co-founder of BRAVA [BRAVe Attackers]; protector of Earth and Gryktu; autodidact scientist.
Bio: Roderick "Roddy" Saunders, previously known only as RRS-27, is a supersoldier created by a joint-venture between a secret agency known as "The Government" [nicknamed "The Gov"] and the alien civilization from planet Gryktu. The main goal of this project was the creation of an entire army of supersoldiers to:
- Protect both planets in case of an invasion by hostile civilizations;
- Use them as a tool for intimidation against the same civilizations;
- Avoid putting their population at danger by serving in the infantaries;
The "27" in his nickname indicates he was the 27th subject; the only one who survived the post-incubation period...officially. There was another subject, created at the same time, but solely by the Gryktunians...he was like Roddy's twin brother. His name was Dynth "Reen" Zergi. Anyway, before more soldiers could be created, Roddy destroyed The Gov's lab and escaped. It didn't take long for the project to be canceled afterwards.
About Gryktu and Gryktunians: Gryktu is located 700 light-years away from Earth, in the Cygnus constellation. It's 2x larger than Earth; gravity is 3.5x stronger; weather is drier and hotter as well, but rains are not rare; wildlife is scarce and most of the planet is covered by deserts, rocky canyons and mountains, but there's also a large ocean. 1 year on Gryktu equals 2 years on Earth.
Gryktunians' anatomy is very similar to humans', and they're also mammals. But there are notable differences between them and us:
- Skin and hair colors - All Gryktunians have gray skin with variable tones and silver/white hair.
- Resistance and strength - Much greater than ours, about 820%; an average-strength Gryktunian can kill a human fighter with a single punch; whereas a powerful human can lift a motorcycle, a powerful Gryktunian can lift a bus fully loaded.
- Lifespan - They can live up to 20x more than humans. The oldest ones surpass 2,000 Earth years.
Physical structure, weaponry and systems: Roddy is part-human, part-Gryktunian and part-machine. His appearance is a mixture of both, having light, human-like skin color and silver, Gryktunian-like hair and eyes. But his strength surpasses both as well, being further increased with modern machinery. There are 3 main technological features:
- Nanobots - These tiny machines grant him with enhanced strength, healing factor and immune resistance. He can also hack computers with them and even access one's mind for information.
- Hades and Zeus - The [in]famous pair of unique, multi-purpose cannons. Located in his forearms [actually, he doesn't have them: the cannons are his very own forearms!], what makes them unique is the energy-made barrel, visible only when the weapon is working: the forearm glows because of the energy flowing around it. Also their power-source, detailed below.
- Uni Drive [UD] - The most important feature of the entire project and Roddy's "core", it's a super compact and efficient energy reactor/converter, virtually a perpetual motion machine. It's fueled by a very subtle, fluid, ethereal substance, which Roddy named Quantanium: a primitive element, source of everything that exists in the Universe; everything is a variation of this very basic element. By transforming it, the Uni Drive allows Roddy to charge his cannons, activate his armor, energy shields, power the armor's thrusters with graviton or anti-graviton particles, etc. He can even restore his own life-energy supplies with it. The device also allows Roddy to transform himself into a pure amount of Quantanium, which technically allows faster-than-light travel, because he can transform back into his normal form anywhere, thus reaching a destination faster than light itself. It can be considered a kind of teleportation. He named this technique Originem.
Personality: Roddy is calm and carefree, likes to help people with his inventions and always tries his best in anything he does. Among the other BRAVA members, he's fills the "nerd" role, not behaving awkward, though. And he gets VERY serious when his friends are in danger.